Our annual masters water polo tournament takes place every summer the second weekend in July (sometimes the third weekend, like when July 1st is a Saturday). This year it will be held on July 13th and 14th (with scrimmages held on Friday the 12th). The tournament is an open format or “Napa Style,” meaning anyone can sign up (as an individual) as long as…
- You are a current US Water Polo member in good standing
- If you are a male, you are over 40 years old
- If you are a female, you are over 25 years old
- You send in your registration form and payment before we sell out
A few days prior to the tournament we assign each player to a team, doing our best to make evenly matched teams for maximum fun. On most years we will have 4-5 women’s teams and 6 men’s teams.
Interested? Here is the entry form for the tournament. Fill it out and send it back to us (email or snail mail, addresses are in the PDF). But don’t wait too long, this event fills up every year.
The tournament schedule is, roughly speaking, like this:
- Friday: open scrimmage from 4-6
- Saturday: 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. games, alternating between men’s and women’s games
- Saturday evening: Dinner and Dancing (included with your registration)
- Sunday: 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. more games
This tournament is a perennial blast and we highly recommend it to you if you like playing water polo in the sun with fun, supportive teammates. Also, the competition is always good and exhausting. The dinner and dancing are just plain great.
2019 tournament entry fees are $165 per player (includes catered dinner) and $95 per guest/non-player (i.e. dinner only).